Administrative Appointment: ACADEMIC LIBRARIAN
Kachinland School of Arts and Sciences (KSAS)
The Kachinland School of Arts & Sciences (KSAS) of Humanity Institute is a knowledge enterprise that inspires and incubates young leaders to mould the future of Kachinland by providing quality tertiary level education and by building the ecosystem of learning. The School is moving forward to realise the vision to establish the University of Kachinland by 2024 by cultivating excellence in teaching, research, and service.
KSAS is currently seeking an Academic Librarian who is familiar with library automation systems and emerging technologies in support of the learning resources concept. The librarian is responsible for the implementation, coordination, and oversight of all library and media services and ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users. The Academic Librarian will work closely with Faculty, Students, and the Programme team. The Academic Librarian answers directly to the Associate Programme Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree/diploma or relevant work experience in library or information management.
- High computer literacy in MS Word, Advanced Excel spreadsheets.
- Subject-specific knowledge or expertise in a particular function, for example ICT resources or resource ordering
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and faculty.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work outside regular office hours as needed to accomplish tasks, provide support and staff development, and meet with other constituents.
- Excellent written and oral English, and Kachin language proficiency are required.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive local salary commensurate with experience; and related travel costs for field trips. Food, Transportation, and Communication Allowance as well as Sick Leave provided.
Position is open until filled. Job applicants should submit a cover letter (include expected salary), Curriculum Vitae, and TWO reference letters to:
Download: Application Form
Ms. Lama Ja Hkawng
Kachinland School of Arts and Sciences
SNS-56, Shatapru, Myitkyina, Kachin State, Email to: email@example.com, Tel: 0978 422 7634, 0978 422 7625